After Years Of Study, Science Serves Up The Formula For The Perfect Pint!
There's very few things in life better than a lovely pint after a hard day of toil, or to limber up for a night out. But judging by some of the dingy pubs we end up in and the shocking efforts we've been served up, the perfect pint comes few and far between.
Fear not, science…yes science has come up with the formula for the perfect pint. Comissioned by pub chain Taylor Waker, Mindlab asked 1,000 volunteers for their combination of conditions for that immpecible pint, before coming up with the perfect conditions.
The ground-breaking study to beat all ground-breaking studies also threw up some interesting facts like men prefer to play games whilst having a drink and one in ten people from Northern Ireland consider a rainy day as the best conditions for a brewski.
Ready for the formula? Here it is:
THE FORMULA FOR THE PERFECT PINT:
E = -(0.62T2 + 39.2W2 + 62.4P2) + (21.8T + 184.4W + 395.4P + 94.5M – 90.25V) + 50(S + F + 6.4)
- E is a factor describing overall enjoyment.
- T is the ambient temperature in degrees Celsius.
- W is the number of days until you are required back at work.
- P is the number of people with whom you are drinking.
- M is related to your mood whilst drinking the pint.
- V is related to the volume of the music being played.
- S and F are related to the availability of snacks and food.